Benjamin Moore & Co., a Berkshire Hathaway company, is one of the leading manufacturers of premium quality residential, commercial and industrial maintenance paints.When it comes to premium paints and stains for your home, Benjamin Moore has set the standard for excellence. They manufacture their own resins and proprietary Gennex® colorants, which deliver superior performance and application properties in every product.
They remain committed to the vision of their founder, Benjamin Moore, when he started his paint company in 1883, producing the highest-quality paints and finishes in the industry.
PROJECT: Process Piping
49 Sumner St, Milford, MA 01757
- Provided all necessary labor and materials to remove the stainless and PVC piping detailed on the supplied demolition P&ID drawings, installed required trapeze strut supports for new welded Stainless Steel product delivery mains from Tote 5 and 18, including all owner supplied equipment, manual, and control valves, detailed on P&ID405.
- Twelve new laterals were fabricated for connection of new and future mains to multiple tanks to eliminate long shut down requirements at each vessel. Coordinating with facilities for each individual connection’s went seamlessly. Tanks were taken out of service between product transfers allowing us the minimal amount of time required for install so production was not affected.
- All welding was performed with the tungsten inert gas welding procedure conforming to Piping systems Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) in accordance with Section IX of the ASME Code. Pipe and tubing was cut with a George Fisher self-squaring saw, internally cleaned and coated with Surfox stainless steel welding flux.
- Held weekly conference calls with all parties involved, including Terry and upper management from the Milford Plant to make sure production was never affected, safety concerns were addressed and crews were keeping up with schedule.
- Provide a 28-foot trailer equipped with all necessary equipment so fabrication could be completed onsite, eliminating as much welding within the facility to keep flammable product risk concerns to a minimum.
Mr. Terry Perdue
Benjamin Moore & Company-NJ
360 U.S. Route 206
Flanders, NJ 07836-4000